1. Keto-Friendly foods:
While following a ketogenic diet, meals and snacks should center around these foods;
- Poultry (Chicken, and turkey)
- Fatty Fish (Salmon)
- Eggs (Pastured, Organic whole eggs)
- Full fat cheese: 9Cheddar, mozzarella, goat cheese cream cheese)
- Full-fat dairy (Butter, cream, yogurt)
- Nut Butter (Natural peanut butter, almond, and cashew butter)
- Non-starchy vegetables ( Broccoli, mushrooms, greens, peppers, tomatoes)
- Nuts and Seeds(almonds, walnuts, peanuts, flex seeds, pumpkin seeds)
- Condiments (Salts, pepper, spices, herbs, lemon juice, vinegar)
- Bulletproof Coffee (Black coffee with 2tbsp of coconut oil)
2. Foods to avoid on Keto:
Foods rich in carbs should be avoided;
- Sweets and sugary foods:
Ice cream, sugar, candy, maple syrup.
- Bread and baked food:
White bread , whole-wheat bread, cookies, doughnuts, rolls, pizza, crackers.
Spaghetti and noodles.
- Starchy vegetables:
Potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, peas, pumpkin.
Coke, Pepsi, drinks
Barbecue sauce, dipping sauces, sugary salad dressings.
3. Keto friendly beverages:
It is the best source of hydration and should be consumed in the whole day.
- Sparkling water:
It is an excellent soda replacement.
- Unsweetened Coffee:
Add heavy cream to it for flavor.
- Unsweetened Green Tea:
It’s delicious and has lots of health benefits.
4. Keto-friendly fats:
-Animal fat, preferably from pastured or grass-fed animals.